Wednesday, June 27
Tuesday, June 26
Sunday, June 24
- the PC is knackered
- someone rear ended my car on Thursday
- the boiler has f*&%ked out (although The Boy many have soted that out)
- our BT line isn't working
- and my memory card has yet to arrive!
Rather than descend into a morose fug, I suggested we go out for a walk. Here are some of the fun things we saw.
Broad beans growing wild by Pinkhill Lane...fill your pockets....
Friday, June 22
Thursday, June 21
I've been thinking about friendship quite a lot over the last few days. I don't think I can do better than Aristotle in the Nicomachean Ethics (which I studied long ago). he divides friendship into 3 types:
- that based on brief pleasure (common amogst the young)
- that based on utility (typically involving commercial transactions or a distinct time and place)
- that based on goodness, this is rare and needs time an intimacy to flourish. Once it does it's permanent
"It is those who desire the good of their friends for the friends' sake that are most truly friends, because each loves the other for what he is and not for any incidental quality"
I was once asked what I'd like on my gravestone (it was an existencial exercise not something threatening). On reflection I'd like it to say "She was a good friend"
Tuesday, June 19
What I have been thinking about photographing:
- Mr Dust Documentry (Iain at Pinkhill Lock)
- Addictions (jewelery, handbags,food,beer)
- More glass and reflections
- Adding to my hand collection
- Lorna at work in her 'studio'
- more generally about capturing 'creativity' in action
- The texture of thick oil paint up close
- Something to capture the changes in A as the HGH kicks in (rebirth?)
- Eynsham door knockers (or just door decoration generally)
- Medicine (saviour & deadly)
- Portraits of people through objects they own/are associated with
- Maddy/Courtney eye view, taking a series of pictures from child height
Although just playing with my new D80 will take up a fair amount of time methinks!